Big Blue gets a new cylinder.

Fred Rowe

Mitglied
We got together in the shop this Saturday to celebrate our Big Blue air hammer being back on line. She has been down for 7 months waiting for a new air cylinder. I've had the hammer since 2001 and it has been a great machine. No down time for ten years.
Last fall at a hammer in at our shop the shaft on the cylinder snapped.
The one inch shaft, threaded for 7/8 fine, broke right were the thread stopped on the 1 inch shaft.
The new cylinder was threaded 1 inch on a 1 inch shaft.

It was nice to get together with friends what ever the excuse. We got some billets welded and drawn and had a nice lunch.
Here are a few pics to share.
DSC01008.JPG

DSC01009.JPG

DSC01011.JPG

DSC01023.JPG

DSC01013.JPG

Hope you have a nice weekend as well, Fred

DSC01009.JPG

Thanks for the move. More appropriate here. Fred

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I like the name of the forge "Vulcans Chariot".
Never found time to paint a name on my forge.

You guys are cool, keep going.

Yours Peter

I like the name of the forge "Vulcans Chariot".
Never found time to paint a name on my forge.

You guys are cool, keep going.

Yours Peter

Peter,

There was an artist staying with us for a few months and it was she who painted the design and name on the side of the forge.

The largest wrought iron sculpture in the world is in Birmingham Alabama, the statue depicts Vulcan, God of the forge; it is a creation of Giuseppe Moretti. It has been a favorite of mine for many years and it seemed appropriate to be painted on the side of the forge.
The gentleman in the pic have been friends for years; we try to find time to assemble at the smithy and forge steel whenever possible. There is no better way to spend the weekend.

Regards, Fred

Zurück