• Wenn Ihr im Marktplatz was anbietet, kann es schonmal vorkommen, dass potentielle Käufer euch kontaktieren wollen.
    Falls jemand in seinem Nutzerprofil explizit die Möglichkeit zur Kontaktaufnahme sperrt (per default ist das nicht so), dann wird das schwierig.

Und weil mich in letzer Zeit wieder mehr Mails in der Sache erreichen, steht das mal so als Info hier ;)

*Ich* fummel natürlich nicht in Benutzerprofilen rum. Und ich spiel auch nicht man in the middle. Fragen diesbezüglich zwecklos.

Servus
    Pitter

Symmetric or Asymmetric which do you prefer?

Fred Rowe

Mitglied
Does the human eye find symmetry more appealing than objects that are asymmetric?

I just finished a large dagger which required ever proportion to be symmetric including the sheath.

When it came to making a sheath for this asymmetric blade I followed with an asymmetric stamping pattern on the sheath.
What do you prefer?

Fred
DSC00995.JPG
DSC00997.JPG

DSC00899.JPG

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

teachdair

Mitglied
heehe, i like a sheath that follows the lines of a blade closely but in this case i would propose a completely different approach. this knife is worthy to a sheat wit a separate frog, though not only having a sheath as classic as the whole knife but thinking of left handed users. how about a tooled frog and a nearly bare sheath, maybe adorned with a little metalwork ( mouthpiece or point). if you use the same metal on a point of the sheath as used in the handle it would be a nice completion to a quite nice piece of work.
just my two cents as being a southpaw

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Fred Rowe

Mitglied
heehe, i like a sheath that follows the lines of a blade closely but in this case i would propose a completely different approach. this knife is worthy to a sheat wit a separate frog, though not only having a sheath as classic as the whole knife but thinking of left handed users. how about a tooled frog and a nearly bare sheath, maybe adorned with a little metalwork ( mouthpiece or point). if you use the same metal on a point of the sheath as used in the handle it would be a nice completion to a quite nice piece of work.
just my two cents as being a southpaw

Southpaws make up only ten percent of the population, because of this discrepancy and having to live in a world populated by righties; they get short shrift most of the time.
Myself, being married to a lefty for 35 years have had instilled in me an awareness of the needs of southpaws.

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you like the knife.

Regards, Fred

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator: